Thoughts on the Kids

Well, I have no photos for this post, but here is what is going on at with the kids.  Aiden is six, and enjoying kindergarten.  He is a very good reader and he says he has lots of friends.  He loves his teachers.  He goes to an early morning P.E. class with Ethan and they both seem to like it a lot.  They just go in the gym at eight in the morning and run around and play games and get exercise, and the goal is that by the time school starts, they should be awake and more focused. Aiden goes to extended care pretty often because I am in school.  He prefers it when he can come home on the kindergarten bus at noon, but he has a lot of friends at Extended Care that he likes playing with.  He makes fun crafts with his teacher almost every time he goes.
Today the kids made a Thanksgiving wreath out of some cut-outs of their hands.  One of Aiden's favorite things he made there was a little man whose pipe cleaner hands wrapped around a straw and when you shook the straw, the little man would swing around it.  Aiden drew a scared look on the mans face, which was very cute.  A couple of times he wrote his phone number down on a piece of paper for his friends to take home so they could call him and come over to play.  Ethan does that too, and Aiden said it was Ethan who taught him our phone number.  One of the moms actually found the piece of paper and could read it, because she gave me a call and we ended up taking the kids swimming.  Ethan is almost eight now, which is crazy.   He enjoys playing on the slide with his friends at recess and pretending they are vampires.  He loves reading Roald Dahl books and he is really into Star Wars.  I have heard him say he got some of his moves from Obi Wan Kanobe.  He also really likes his teachers.  Sorry to anyone who might end up reading this!  It is really hard to type on my phone and I'm just trying to get some thoughts down on here while I am bored.  I love my kids!

Comments